Sunday, October 24, 2010

Packing...

So tell me, how exactly does one pack and plan for an entire month of traveling? I am not one that is experienced in such ventures. How does one pick through a fabulous wardrobe and say, I'll take this but not this. That is a huge commitment for me. I mean what if a week in I decide, I really want to wear that super comfy tee from The Rack that I left behind, or those cozy warm socks that are still sitting in my drawer at home? And how does one predict the weather? Weather.com can tell me the next 10 days, but what about beyond that? How do I decide which coats to take, that's like telling me to pick a favorite brother... Each one has its own unique amazing qualities but each stands out in its own way as wonderful. So it was process of elimination. It is approaching the end of October so I could eliminate the majority of my summer wardrobe, but it still took some pairing down, so I started making piles of like items.

I then began to pull items from various piles and put them together, and in the process found some new and interesting pairings. Some of my favorites can be found to follow.



And then came the dilemma of needing to bring my work with me on the road. As a book keeper I am fortunate to be able to do my job remotely, but it does take some planning and quite a bit of packing space when all is said and done to bring the whole of it with me.

And then of course, the things that need to be readily accessible on the road that go in the purse. My preferences... Wallet, phone, planner, keys, kleenex, gum and candy for staying awake, and cards and sudoku to keep busy when it is not my turn to drive.

And when all is said and done, I don't think I did too badly. One large suitcase for clothing, a small one for shoes, one bag for beauty supplies, one for electronics and gadgets, a bin of office supplies, and one purse.

Just waiting for the packer's remorse to set in when I realize I forgot something vital. It is inevitable, I always forget something. Well it is off to bed for me, I've got just over 700 miles of road ahead of me tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. How exciting!! Drive fast and take chances!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite outfit is the printer and the post it notes. Nice...

    ReplyDelete